GPS SD Shield
Product Code: FWSH GPSSD
Availability: In Stock
The Firewing GPS SD shield is an Arduino compatible unit which has an embedded antenna and tiny footprint GPS module. It also has a built in UART, making communicating with this device a breeze. The GPS shield also has a built in Secure digital (SD) card slot, which allows you to transform your shield into a GPS data logging solution!
Please note that this shield includes the GPS receiver module.
- Shield designed to work with Arduino or compatible main boards. Standard shield size.
- Uses with embedded antenna.
- Onboard micro Secure Digital (SD) card slot. You will need a microSD card if you want to save data.
- Large prototyping area.
- Reset button.
- Software can control power to main GPS module - extremely useful in low power control environments.
- Breakout pad for software power control - reroute power control to alternative header pin.
- Breakout pad for GPS module backup battery.
- Breakout pads for GPS RX and TX - reroute UART to alternative header pins.
- Breakable link for SD card Chip Select (CS)
- Onboard LED showing GPS fix.
Additional Firewing Resources
The following Arduino code has been tested with this shield.